The “40 Anos da Revista Crítica de Ciências Sociais” Prize - deadline for submission 31 July 2017
In 2018 the Executive Editorial Board of the Revista Crítica de Ciências Sociais, a four-monthly journal published by the Centre for Social Studies (CES) at the University of Coimbra, will present the 40 ANOS DA REVISTA CRÍTICA DE CIÊNCIAS SOCIAIS PRIZE. The Prize will be awarded for the best article published in the Revista between 2017 and 2018 to mark the 40th anniversary of the journal, which was founded in 1978 under the directorship of Boaventura de Sousa Santos.
1. In 2018 the Editorial Board of the Revista Crítica de Ciências Sociais, published by the Centre for Social Studies (CES) at the University of Coimbra, will award the 40 ANOS DA REVISTA CRÍTICA DE CIÊNCIAS SOCIAIS PRIZE for the best article printed in the Revista between 2017 and 2018. The award of this prize is associated with the celebrations for the 40th anniversary of the Revista Crítica de Ciências Sociais.
2. The prize will have a monetary value of one thousand, five hundred euros.
3. All articles published in the September 2017, December 2017 and May 2018 issues and proposed by 31 July 2017 will be eligible for the award.
4. Articles written by CES researchers or doctoral and post-doctoral authors for whom the CES is their host institution will not be eligible for the award.
5. The jury’s decision will be announced within three months of the publication of the May 2018 issue.
6. The jury will be presided over by the Director of the Centre for Social Studies and will comprise three specialists from areas within the social sciences and humanities from outside the CES.
7. The jury’s decisions will be taken on the basis of an absolute majority of votes. In the event of a tie, the President will have the casting vote.
8. The prize may be awarded ex-aequo.
9. The jury will have total autonomy to decide on all matters, ranging from internal organisation to the absolute and relative merits of the articles. The Jury may decide not to award the prize and/or to attribute honourable mentions.
10. Dissemination/republication of the winning article(s) must include a reference to the award of the CES Prize.